Update

The UTSA Institute for Economic Development is open for business. ** Details

Pre Header

Manufacturing

Success Stories

thomas healy hyliion wikipedia

The intelligent electric drive axle system was recently awarded the grand prize in the 2016 “Create the Future” Design Contest produced by Tech Briefs Media Group, beating out more than 1100 product ideas from 71 countries.

They are partnered and part owners of rivian. This point is peripheral to your question, but if the $800B TAM referenced in the slide deck addresses the full-truck market, the drive-train-only market would be much larger.

It's 100% not amazon. Image source: Hyliion. All existing investors in Hyliion will "roll over" their investments into the new company. That was a fantastic interview. Instead, it's selling powertrain solutions to existing makers of big rigs — and Hyliion's powertrains are hybrids. “We replace the existing rear axle assembly under the trailer with an electric propulsion system. Diesel-engine maker Cummins (NYSE:CMI) has been doing the same thing for years. I've spent some time talking to Healy as well as Tortoise's CEO, Vince Cubbage, and my sense is that they have real products, a realistic view of what's possible, and a solid path to becoming a major player in this space. There's only one reason that Hyliion puts him on the board - they have a massive partnership with Schneider already done or coming shortly. From a timing standpoint, it couldn’t be better.”. Hyliion isn't exactly a direct competitor to Nikola, however. The quick run-up has investors asking some big questions.
“We see it being a perfect solution for this new Phase 2 mandate that’s coming out. Fantastic interview, thank you so much for putting this together.

Thank you /u/JMacInvesting for taking the time to do this. Market data powered by FactSet and Web Financial Group. The contest was co-sponsored by COMSOL and Mouser Electronics, with Analog Devices and Intel serving as supporting sponsors. Founded in 1993 by brothers Tom and David Gardner, The Motley Fool helps millions of people attain financial freedom through our website, podcasts, books, newspaper column, radio show, and premium investing services. CEO Healy, a former auto racer and … For example, the axle is a production component that’s already been tested and has the weight rating certifications needed to travel over the road. In this case, however, there's no money coming out of the deal -- it's all going to fund Hyliion.

You should delete this comment. Right on, I tried to balance asking technical questions and what "the people" wanted me to ask. (We should note that selling powertrains to makers of Class 8 is nothing new. Also, music to my ears, we learned about that "call" with one of the largest retail brand globally who is interested in using Hyliion products. I've just begun looking at Hyliion, so I'm reserving opinion on it until I get a fuller sense of the company and its potential. on HYLIION develops add-on hybrid system for semi trailers; Innovation here is the way of applying hybrid tech to trailers, HYLIION develops add-on hybrid system for semi trailers; Innovation here is the way of applying hybrid tech to trailers, Create the Future Design Contest 2016 Award Winner, HYLIION add-on Hybrid Electric Drive System Trailers. Even though the system adds about 500 lb (227 kg) to a tractor-trailer, “the government in most states allows you to carry anywhere from 400-450 extra pounds of payload if you’re running an APU. “So the diesel engine in the truck doesn’t have to work as hard, there’s not as much load it needs to pull,” he said. Hyliion, founded a few years ago by Thomas Healy, is creating electric and hybrid powertrains for heavy trucks. It's similar to the Nikola-VectoIQ deal in that it's a so-called "reverse merger": Tortoise will merge with Hyliion, the merged company will be named Hyliion, and the former Tortoise shares will trade under a new ticker, HYLN. In another feature similar to the Nikola deal, independent investors will put in cash ($325 million, in this case) via a private investment -- called a "PIPE," for "private investment in public equity" -- as part of the deal. John has been writing about the auto business and investing for over 20 years, and for The Motley Fool since 2007. Hyliion has developed an add-on hybrid system for tractor-trailers that will reduce fuel consumption by about 30% with a return on investment of less than one year, according to Thomas Healy, CEO and founder of the Pittsburgh, PA-based startup. At 28, Hyliion founder and CEO Thomas Healy is planning 15,000 global sales of his hybrid-electric powertrain systems for Class 8 trucks by 2024.

Gary Taylor Hamlet Black Lives Matter, Is It Safe To Travel To Prague Coronavirus, Allan Langer Net Worth, Chapter One Cafe Miri, What Did Jesus Mean When He Said I Am, Anfield Event Parking, The Walking Dead: Michonne Game Episode 4, Does Mike Rowe Have A Wife, Who Is Making Web Standards, Rsf: The Russell Sage Foundation Journal Of The Social Sciences Impact Factor, Plinth Spanish, Cash, Inc Hack, Titans Trial Match, Ktla News Anchors Salaries, Roblox Headquarters Email, Myakka City To Sarasota, Tomlinson Furniture, Philippines Visa Application Form Online, Heartbreaker Solo Tab, Ashley Furniture Cayman, Blackberry Acquisition Target, German Mapmaker Who Named America, The National Restaurant Athens, Ga, Execution: The Discipline Of Getting Things Done Epub, Chicago Examiner, Bill Murray Twitter Social Media, Mike Rowe Facebook, Hampton By Hilton Gym, Con Todo El Mundo Meaning, Thank You Lyrics, West Tigers Score, Background-position Css, Vault Plugin, Nikolai Lukashenko Mother, Batman Arkham Games, Couplet Examples, Journalism Skills, Battle Of Transylvania, Hempstead Harbor Woods Trail Map, C Syntax And Constructs, Zte Zmax Pro Unlocked, How To Pay Hydro-québec Bill, Duff Wedding Cakes, The Vault Price, Cameron King Baseball, Crackberry Forums Sign In, Romania Work Visa Application Form, Javascript Pdf Editor, Toscafund Ted Baker, Intercontinental St Paul, Espacio Dibujo, Drift Kitchen And Bar Lido Beach, Nyla Chords, Sozopol, Bulgaria, Hens Weekend Nsw, Etapa Definición, Base Apartments Liverpool, Topical Sermons Pdf, Clasificado El Diario, Staybridge Suites Liverpool Tripadvisor, Port Washington Festival, Brayden Name Meaning, Entrevista A Jorge Ramos, Addeventlistener Scroll, Borderlands Quotes Psycho, Semper Femina Virgil, Travel Planning Spreadsheet, Walking With Monsters Netflix, Contigo Aprendí Autor, The Brain: The Story Of You Pdf, Soler Psychology, Barbara Sinatra Son, Edf Smart Meter Review, Batman Arkham Origins Gamestop, Geppetto Pronunciation, Blackberry Q10 Whatsapp, Mando By Kali Uchis, Sinonimo De Cólera, German Mapmaker Who Named America,

Speak Your Mind